Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Anticipation!

     I finally got back in to see the Neurologist on Friday. To be honest, I was really nervous. If anyone remembers, the last time I was to a neurologist, I went through a lot of medication changes. This time went a lot better. The doctor discussed his concerns and we discussed ours. We won and everyone is happy.
      Long story short, I am still medication free or at least free of medications to control my seizures. We explained what had happened over the past two years and that I haven't even had a seizure in the last ten months (knock on wood). We went through each medication I had been on and the side affects that I had. We explained the seizures and the frequency.
      He agreed to keep me off medication since I'm not driving and since I know that I am at a higher risk for having a grand mal seizure without medication. Any one can have a grand mal though, really. He explained to us that I have a small piece of tissue damaged in the brain and to take control of that, we need to "sedate" the whole brain, which in the end causes collateral damage. This basically means that when we are trying to treat one diseased area of brain, were treating tissue that is not diseased which causes me all the extra issues.
      I am officially assigned to a neurologist now that I can contact at any time, god forbid an issue arose. I'm to contact him if anything changes and he will see me in a year. I really wanted to fight to stay off medication and I'm happy that everyone is happy. I continue to grow and spread my wings and I thank god for every good day I have. I don't think I could be doing better, except for the sleep insomnia, which is well controlled if I take my medication. My anxiety is under control and has been for a year and a half this week. That is give or take two months of being on Lamictal that messed with my brain. Seizures are under control and my room is neat! God is good, life is good!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...