Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Beginning

     It has been forever since I have blogged here (publicly). The past year has been an emotional roller coaster like I haven't experienced before, but things are looking up. This past year, I made Dean's list for spring and fall, my resident's coordinator moved to Scotland, I became a social mentor (opposed to mentee last year), I got accepted into the OT program and attended to school trips to NY and DC. There has been learning, growing, laughing and crying. I'm going to kick this year off with a photo update!!!


Started the year off with a presentation from John Ratzenberger. Our school just celebrated its centennial in 2014 and this was on of the guest speakers! 



Traveled to NY in March or a spring break trip with friends to serve the Habitat for Humanity of Westchester



L Graduated from high school and I ran into an old high school teacher of mine. I don't think my brother would be happy if I posted his picture here. :) 



Went to Applebee's on Laura's Birthday and got huge pitchers of water as a joke since she drinks a lot of water. Laura you are a rock star and we love you!!! 



Went to wingfest with E! This is how I spent most Wednesday's with a friend and it was a great way to get out of the house! 


Spent most weekends at local state parks walking and talking on the nature trails. 


Spent many days this summer at the Arboretum with family and sometimes even friends! 


Reunited with Laura before I had to travel back to school! She came to get ice cream at the Creamery and stop by to say hello since I had to work



Susquehanna Valley Fall retreat! We partnered up with two other Cru campuses for an awesome get together. 




Went to pick out a Christmas tree! This was the first time Grandma was able to come with us to pick it out! 


Said goodbye to my resident coordinator for the past two years. He has helped me adjust to college and overcome some of the obstacles of Asperger's 


Accepted into the OT program at school. It took a year and a half to do so and it was worth every second! 


Finished the year with a trip to D.C. with Cru for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...