Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Q&A with J

The really stupid and PITA(pain in the ass) questions and statements I get from people about my issues

1. Q: Are you premature?
    A: First off, you just asked me if I have ever had a seizure or a stroke. I am an honest person so I answered yes because I had a stroke when I was born and I have had seizures all my life. When I answered yes, you answered by saying, "yeah I saw that". First off, then why did you ask? Second, if you were asking me if I was premature, you should have already seen that no I wasn't because you knew I had a stroke and that was when I was born. That was actually within the first 24 hours after birth, so no I am not premature, but I do have a brain injury.

2. Q: Why are your eyes so bad?
    A: First off!!! I don't know, your doctor. You tell me because you know a whole heck of a lot more about my eyes than I do. Anyway, why would I come see u if I was having a problem that I could figure out myself? Besides that, I just want to let you know that yes I did have a brain injury when I was born and I was put on oxygen in the hospital which could have caused the eye issues. Oh, and if you don't like that answer than figure it our yourself because I'm pretty sure you'd be famous if you did.

3. S: Your glasses are really thick!!!
   A: Know really??? You also have a face!!! Honestly I have never said the above to people nor have I said this, but its all stuff I have though. The answer to this one came from someone who was in a wheelchair and had to give the response to someone when they stated she was in a wheelchair. I really liked it. lol and its so true. No pun intended

4. Q: so, that means that you fall on the floor and start convulsing?
    A: No, how old are you? If you are a full grown adult you better well know that not every darn seizure ends in convulsions. I personally don't get those too frequently but I get episodic confusion or amnesia that have been diagnosed as seizures, but thank you for asking.

5. Q: What do I do if you have a seizure?
   A: Well, first off I just repeated the answer to this question three times in a row. If I have one I am not going to convulse. I have a medical bracelet that tells you who to call. Don't call 911, its not an emergency unless I have a grand mal which won't happen. Take me for a walk and help me stay calm

6. Q: No, like what do I do if you have a seizure?
    A: Above question has also been followed by the EMS are right across the street so do I pick you up and carry you to the elevator and take you to the EMS? It has also been followed by, no like do I stick a towel in your mouth so I don't swallow.
   A: Really??? Where are you from and where have you been for the last 10 years. That's what old people ask. No if I say that you don't need to call 911, don't throw me over your shoulder and give me to the EMS. And no I don't swallow my tongue, nor does anyone. Its physically impossible. Take me for a walk and follow the instructions on my darn bracelet.

These are a few of the many stupid questions and statements I get on a DAILY basis that drive me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...