Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Awesome Woman Exemplar

     Yesterday, I was among 33 women chosen from my campus to be awarded the Awesome Women Exemplar Award. I am proud to have won something with such high honors even though I know there are other women who may have deserved this even more than me. I can't say thank you enough to the individual who nominated me and the individuals who made the beautiful reception such a success.


"I have had the pleasure of working with Simply J very closely during her time here at PCT. Jordan was quick to identify her own strengths and weakness while in this new educational environment which was a tremendous adjustment for her. Jordan was eager to learn various ways to effectively communicate with faculty, students, and staff on campus as she saw the importance of collaborating with others to further her understanding of her major, the coursework, and developing interpersonal skills needed currently and for life after college. She has proved to me to be a remarkable woman in how she overcame barriers that she has experienced during her first year. She has demonstrated to me from the beginning that she was dedicated to her study and is very excited about it." D


"Over the summer, Simply J assisted staff in our office with a summer program for High School students grade 9-11. She was able to share her experience and provide feedback to educate this student population to assist them with transitioning from High School to Post-secondary .This year she assisted our office by taking on the role of a social mentor that is targeted to assisting current students with engaging into the college community. The social mentor also assist students with areas of executive functioning. Simply J has been a delight tot work with while in this role. She takes her work very seriously and has a lot of passion for assisting other students. I definitely admire this passion and know that she has a bright future ahead of her in her field while working with people. Jordan has gone above and beyond hr roel as a mentor and has become one of our most dependable mentors int he program. She is an asset to our program and I have confidence that others will benefit from her". D

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...