Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hygiene and High Heels

    It's summer time and I am ready to try a new pair of shoes. I know I said back in the fall that I was wearing sneakers. Well, that didn't work out so well, but i did where them sometimes. Now I am serious though. I have decided to forget about the comfort and think about the look. I am wearing sandals, flip-flops and high-heels. Anything that will look nice.

       As I said before I have officially graduated from High School. The one thing that they did note was that I have grown and changed in many different ways, but one way that I haven't changed is my hygiene and appearance. The CROCS, they were a small part about appearance.

        Ever since I was little, it has taken me longer than normal to learn how to do things that typical kids my age do. My mom would have to remind me to do stuff that the typical kid automatically knew to do. I feel that I can partly blame this on routine and changing my routine. I would simply forget because my routine was deeply engraved into my head for so many years.

         Over my tween years I had to learn to remember to put a bra on and put deodorant on everyday. I had to remember to shave once in a while. These things didn't come easy to me as I had several years of the same routine behind me. Then came the cleaning up part. I had the hardest time learning to wash my face every morning and evening. That was harder than all of the other stuff learned combined. I never knew why it took me so long to learn this until maybe high school. I have some mild, key word MILD tactile sensory issues. Yes, I have stated before that I love pressure and seek it, but I avoided anything cold or wet on my face, and I absolutely hate the rain drops hitting my arms.

        I never had a real idea about what it meant to be beautiful or to have a good appearance. I have grown up in a world where I am simply J. I have always been taught to accept my self for who I am and that god had put me here for a purpose. Sometimes that can translate in a negative way though. My face for example, should be washed everyday!!! Is it washed everyday? No. I can't stand the feeling of the water, and if god gave me pimples, so be it!!! Thats the way he made me.

        Now that being said, I understand that I still need to keep up my appearances a little bit. I do everything else I need to for hygiene, but I just can't get a grip of washing my face. I try to smell pretty and I TRY to keep my hair looking nice, but the face is different.

        I also want to say along with these goals that I have accomplished and am still working on I have have discovered high heels and dress. Oh boy!!! For those of you that know me, you know that I am croc addict, but its been 80 degrees or so for a while and I haven't ordered or purchased one pair of summer crocs. I have bought three pairs of sandals and my mother is going to be ordering a nice pair of everyday sandals from Teva shortly.

         Overall I do like to feel good about myself. I do want to appear well and I do want to have someone attracted to me at some point. Oh no was that TMI? lol To be perfectly honest I haven't had a boyfriend yet!!! Its driving me insane. I am old and I am old enough that I probably should have been dating for a while now, but I guess its just life.

          As far as makeup goes, FORGET IT!!! Maybe I need to wash my face and wear makeup on occasion. Makeup everyday??? Are you kidding me? God didn't give us the face we have to mask it and this belief I am sticking with.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sandals, Jordan (I saw the pictures on Facebook.) Your heels were so adorable too!

    Some people are really big on dietary changes for preventing acne. I myself used to try oodles of facial products and washes, then simply started refraining from these foods http://sepsi.hubpages.com/hub/5-foods-that-cause-acne and I rarely, if ever get it anymore.
    There are also some products out there that are grainy textured, or make your skin tingly, have a cooling or heating effect, etc. maybe a product that would stimulate a different sensory area would help cancel out the uncomfortable feeling from the water? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...