Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Aspergers or Life???

I often come across a specific dilemma. You may be asking what that dilemma is. When i get upset or I have an issue, I often times blame it on my aspergers. The doctors always say stuff like you have an anxiety disorder and that you have sensory issues. They also say stuff like you have trouble with peers. Me as someone with aspergers, I often think everything bad that happens to me has to do with my aspergers. This isn't always the case though. When i go to the doctor and complain about something, sometimes they say we all struggle with that. They most frequently say that high school is the toughest part of life. Then I am stuck trying to decide if i have to put up with whatever is going on or I can have a pity party for myself because I have asperger syndrome. Girls in high school can be catty.
Really, how should I decipher the difference between girls being catty and girls being bullies. What about anxiety about starting college? We all struggle with things like this, but aspies I guess just get labelled because they are more sensitive. I thought I would share this because I often come across this dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...