Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An angel among us!!!

    Today at school, I was sitting in the lawn of our Student Union building. I had just eaten lunch with a friend and I had work in an hour. I bought a little snack and headed outside to enjoy the sun. I ended up laying down and basking in the sun. Here in one of the top ten cloudiest cities in america, we don't take sunny days lightly. I watched as the clouds passed over me and I watched the blue sky change. I finally decided to snap a picture and upload it to facebook with this caption, "God showing his beauty on this glorious day." I put my phone down and continued to love the sun up.

    Of course, since I am addicted to facebook so much, I decided to check for updates a couple minutes later. I got an update saying that the cloud formation I had posted, looked like an Angel. A couple days ago I had just posted on facebook that it was coming up on the two year anniversary of the last time I had seen my grandfather who died the february afterward. I had posted about how different things have been and that my Papa always watches over me and I can really feel it somedays. Low and behold the picture did look like an angel with a face, wings, and the rim of the gown.

    As I was lying on the ground, I was enjoying the sun. The sun always reminds me of heaven when it shines between the clouds. Sometimes I feel like that is god opening heaven up for a bit. Today the sky was blue with a few clouds that I took a picture of. How could I have taken a picture so perfect in the formation of an angel and not realize it. How out of all the formations, did I pick the angel to capture? I didn't even know about it. Could this be God showing me and reassuring with me that my grandpa is up in heaven? Why did I capture this picture and it wasn't someone else that this happened to. I am going through a period of time where I am missing Papa.

    When I saw that comment on facebook, my face lit up and I almost cried tears of joy. It was that ah ha moment when you realize there's something even more than just the sunny picture itself. It was much more powerful with a message behind it. Sunshine is happiness. I don't really spend a lot of time outside to enjoy the sun and the clouds, but on this day I did and on this day I saw my angel up in heaven.
     I have always been a literal thinker which has made religion hard for me as religion is also hard for a lot of people. I always have so many questions surrounding religion and how stuff can happen. I don't pray a whole lot either. My family doesn't pray before we eat our meals or have formal prayer times. I grew up praying for my prayer requests and those around me. As I grew older and facebook emerged, i would just post praying or your in my prayers when someone requested a prayer.  I never really DO pray. I hate saying your in my thoughts because I like to sound like I am more religious than I am, but sometimes maybe I just need to talk to god more and that it doesn't matter what others think; its what god thinks that matters.
      That being said, I do have those God moments. I go through my day to day life and I take care of myself. I need to spend more time focused on my heavenly father who created me. I shouldn't just wait for moments like this to roll around.  I always remember that god knocks and if we answer, he will come in. Well, this time I knocked and I knocked long enough and I think he finally decided to answer!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...