Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Friday, April 19, 2013

With a good fight, comes a good day!!!

     It all started last week! I had a TB test done which was followed by a vaccine! The vaccine doesn't have a lot of side affects other than fainting and I don't typically suffer from side affects. Well my body is also very different than most and acts like how it wants too ask. I have to be very careful to take enough medicine and not too much because my body is sensitive too. Therefore, I am on crazy medication dosages, such as having decimal point differences in my dosages. That being said this has been a really rough week in terms of how my medical conditions go.
     I received the Gardasil shot last Thursday as in a week ago and this was followed by a migraine. That Friday I suffered another seizure, which was then followed by more migraines Monday, Tuesday and once again yesterday and some blood work. To say the least, this week has been one from H*** for me. It has been painful and scary. I have felt literally sick as the energy has been drained from my body, but today changed that.
     I got the blood taken Tuesday, and heard back from the doc that same day. Up we go on the seizure medication and down we go on the energy level. With every problem you fix there is always another consequence. I am very happy that they are trying to control my seizures, but still!!! I'm not sure whats up with the Migraines, I came home last night and a friend came over. She was out by eight because I could no longer function and was in tears. Medicine didn't help and I was in bed by 8:30. Today I woke up great though.
     I finally got to pick out a new pair of glasses, and if you have been following me on facebook you no how thats been going. I picked out a really cute pair of purple glasses that have glitter on them too! Along with the glasses I was also offered to volunteer during our special olympics and help people pick glasses out because my dr. office does a clinic then. I even get a special olympics shirt. This conversation was followed by some friendship related things.
      There is a young girl in my area who supposedly has trouble with friends and also has some vision issues. The technician who works with me is going to try to get us in contact with each other and I am super excited about that!!! Hopefully I'll hear more details about this soon. My mother and I followed this witha  trip to McDonald's to get a sweet tea of course.
     After pushing through this week, it turned out happily ever after. I think there is a lesson to learn from this. There may be crap in your life that you have to deal with, but if you push through it there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously the tunnel may be longer for some or more gruesome for others, but it will be there. The tunnel may open and close on you again, but one must cherish the good moments in life and thats what I did today. It may have stormed and I may have had to drive through a riven today,but guess what I didn't have a migraine and I made good connections today. Tomorrow I may have to work my butt off scooping ice cream all day, but in the end I'm with my friends and I get to go see friends from out of town afterwards. Its not that I don't like work, I'm just trying tos how that out of all bad comes good as long as you let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...