Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Big update

   This blog is a big update. I never have anything to write about or I have or I have too much to right about. This entry is going to be comprised of a couple of stories. Cat fights, how to talk to your professor and all I want for christmas is to be a croc for halloween.

   Today while I was waiting for the bus, I was hanging out with a couple of girls I have met through big brothers, big sisters. I was having an awesome time until one of the girls hid under someone's else's umbrella. I hate you Lee. Anyway, she ended up hiding from some female dog girl. I guess they got in a fight and then they started fighting again after school. Some senior tried separating them. The one girl came at the other one, got pushed away and came back for more.

   This is the reason that I am really glad I am no longer in high school. I don't have to deal with drama and gossip anymore!!! :) I have though been fortunate to not get in anything major during my high school years. The only problems I have had is kids calling me mentally retarted for simple reasons like being in learning support or having extended time on state tests. Those never got nasty except for me crying and then resolving them with the guidance counselor. Fortunately I figured out how to work with high school students my freshman year and never had trouble afterward.

   Today we also talked about how to talk to your professor. It was amazing, we surveyed a bunch of college students. We asked them if they would tell their professor about some food onto their tooth. The result??? Do tell them, but in a polite way. Me having aspergers, naturally wanted to make rules by saying that you should tell anyone with the dr., Mrs, or mr. in front of there name, but that idea didn't go over well. We decided we shall do what we are comfortable with. I decided I will be the one to keep my mouth shut!!! It was a really interesting conversation though. Really what do you do?

   Around christmas time last year, I came up with the following phrase: All I want for christmas is to be a croc for halloween. I thought this idea was the best idea I ever had. I was going to a croc, my favorite piece of clothing that I totally couldn't live without. Well, I am proud to say that has changed as of this sunday. I know longer where crocs because I am in college. I don't care if people know me for wearing crocs, I am wearing sneakers like normal people.

   Did I just say I wear sneakers now??? Omg!!! I totally did. For the past five or six years, all I have worn are crocs. I have not been able to stand sneakers unless I absolutely had to wear them such as in gym class. I have given up my crocs because I am a college student and college students don't wear crocs. I know many people know me for them, but enough people have convinced me that its not worth it. I don't know if it is a sensory issue or the fact that I wear an 8 wide instead of an 8, but I hated sneakers until...NOW!!!

   Above, I discussed the fact that this may be a sensory issue. I always thought that I was sensitive to noise and that I love tactile stuff. The more and more I grow and learn, the more I find out that I hate touch too. Is it that I hate both or is it that my sensory issues change like taste buds. I absolutely hate the feeling of rain. I honestly flap and rub my arms when I get rain on them. At that point I don't care what people think. I also hate washing my face, at least over the sink in the morning with cold water. I do believe this is a sensory issue because I do all other necessary hygiene with no problem. Washing my face feels too shocking and it is too awakening in the morning. Lets face it I do have tactile issues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...