Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Monday, September 19, 2011

I just got a puppy!!!

   I will let you know right now that I didn't just get a puppy, but there has a been a figurative puppy following me around for the past two weeks. I have never had a do and I don't think I ever will have a dog. I guess I had a dog names CJ or something like that when I was a baby, but I don't remember him. We are a cat family and I have three cats, one of which is named George and I am sure I will have plenty of stories involving him in the future.

   Lets start off by saying that I am a very LOUD person. Did you hear me yet? I said I am a LOUD person. That means that when I am in the room, you know I am in the room unless you just don't care about me and wait ten minutes to notice my presence. I tend to be one of those people who will follow you around and be that bug in your ear that just won't get out. I continuously talk until you give me attention. Yup, you heard that right; I just recently learned that when people look away from you it means that you need to actually shut your mouth for once because they don't want to hear you talk forever.

   Well, I know that interrupting and monopolizing a conversation is a weakness of mine, but it doesn't slow me down and I actually just realized how annoying that can be to someone else. For the past two week there has been an individual at the highs school that has done nothing, but follow me around. She means perfectly well. She consistently tells me that she has two friends. One of which is me and the other one is a female dog that can be nice one day and a female dog the next. One day she will swear away and the next she will tell you she is done swearing. Its just me and the girl who swears all day.

   Everyday I tell her that the other girl is not worth her time because I have learned the hard way. Her excuse: I don't know how to make friends. My response, just get out there and meet new people. I know its easier said than done, but sometimes I just need some alone time. The end of the day when she is hounding me is when I need that alone time. She even gets to the point where she asks me what my bus number is so she can find it for me. I know she is desperate and I know she needs attention, but I can't be her main attention giver. I try the polite turn from her and she just doesn't understand. I turn and walk away and she follows me like she is a puppy who just wants to play.

   Enough complaining because I know I do the same thing. I am friends with this person and nothing will change that, but I get very overstimulated by the end of the day. I think I am starting to really open up to the world around me. I am starting to realized that and I am starting to develop some new social/coping skills. I love this new chapter that I am starting to read. I have begun reading a new chapter of my life and it is called I realize that I am different, but I can still fit in with a few adjustments. I don't know, maybe I am feeling a little good about myself, like I am cool. I really don't know, but this feeling is really good and my year is off to a great start.

I may have been a puppy in my past but I am turning into a lap dog!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...