Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Friday, September 23, 2011

I have selective hearing

  Yes, I said that. I have selective hearing, particularly towards my parents and my therapist. Wait, no I have selective hearing towards anyone that would ever tell me that someday my brother and I will be best of friends.

   For months, no wait years, my brother has been this emo person who plays call of duty all day and never socializes with the family. Last week my parents had gone out of town and my brother was there for me. Yesterday my parents had to go to a meeting in the evening. I had a migraine and was sitting at the kitchen table doing a puzzle. My brother came down and actually payed attention to me. He was interested in what I was doing and he even asked me to play a game with me.

   I feel that my brother and I have come around the corner. We get along like we are best friends. Last night he played the game with me and we ate chips and salsa together. Tonight my parents wen to a movie and he went to a football game. He ended up getting the brunt of the tears from my pity party about how I have no friends. He offered to give me a hug. I love my brother so much. At this point I really couldn't ask for a better one.

   The most touching thing he said to me as he left was good bye J, I love you. This is wear the tears start as that meant so much to me. I don't think my brother has actually ever said I love you too me because he wants to be cool. I have always known that he loves me, but he does struggle with my differences. We are best buddies right now.

Simple things in life make a big difference. My night was a frown and the very words I love you and the hug he gave me turned my night into a smile.

Next time you think your sibling will never like you, think again and really take in what people are saying. Don't blow them off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...