Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Monday, September 5, 2011

When all else fails

   When all but one option has failed, what do you do? The simple answer is to try the last option and see how it works. There is a problem with doing so in this case because it can socially and emotionally affect me. Over the years I have struggled to make and keep friends as all people do.

    Right now I am at a weird point in my life where kids who are younger than me don't want to hang out with me because I am older and should have friends my age. People who are my age don't want to hang out with me because I am weird. That leaves me to hang out with adults which isn't always appropriate because I am not quite an adult yet. So what do I do? The answer my mom has given me is to accept who ever will be your friend, but don't push anyone.

   I never realized how big an issue this was for me until recently. No one really teases me or bullies me like many may think, but it the way people react in general. The other day I was waiting for the bus and every person I tried to talk to would either turn away from me and try to ignore me or they would completely walk away and say they needed to catch the bus.

   Right now my heart is hurting and I don't know who my friends are. I don't even know if I even have friends. I sit at home and sit on my computer all day during the weekend and then during the school week, I am immersed in a classroom with other special needs individuals which can be good but there is a little bit of seclusion. I have mentors who are my peers, but they are mentors, not friends. Right now is a time where I need a friend. People just need to accept me for who I am.

   Today, lets make a difference and befriend someone who is struggling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...