Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What Killed The Cat?

    Yesterday we had a ton of people over to our house. We had several different clans. I'm pretty sure I can't even say families because we literally had huge extended families over. One of the mothers works for my mother. This is of course my1cent. She and her family stayed a bit later than everyone else since we are pretty darn close. The kids checked out our office and got to experience the heavenly weighted blanket, but man did I mess up!!!

        For future reference, the phrase "curiosity killed the cat" SHOULD be called honesty killed the cat because let me tell you what!!! I am pretty sure I killed my favorite cat, my1cent last night through pure brutal honesty. There were several comments that I made about my1cent that totally just made her look like Cinderella in her rag instead of the beautiful princess.

         Our kitchen is laid out with a counter, and island and a desk. Someone must've made some comment about the desk in our kitchen. My mom and, I admit, the rest of our family tends to use our desk as a junk collecting object. Someone must've made some comment about the desk or the counters in our kitchen which are made of the same material: a fashionable, yet gaudy pink. During this whole time, my1cent was standing in the kitchen with us conversing. I definitely decided to add my two cents to the conversation to save my mothers sanity.

         My mom was saying about how she will never build a desk into her kitchen again because all it does is collect dust, or I mean junk. I told my mom not to worry because everyone has a place they do that. If there wasn't a desk there, that stuff would be laying somewhere else, all piled up together. I then proceeded to make a comment about the infamous cat table that sits in the entry way to my1cents house. The table is not an eating table, but a place where they put there cat food and groceries and odds and ends on. I said something along the lines that my1cent had a table just like our desk and that table was the cat table. That is when I killed the cat.

        I also had shown her kids, her desk. They hadn't seen it before because she hasn't been working here that long. Her kids are cute little grade school kids who say the cutest things. The one daughter had come down stairs and was in aw!!! She said, "wow, mommies desk, its so organized. " I was thinking, "wow with all those sticky notes, but whatever. " I went and told her mom because I thought it was so cute. I had to chuckle too, which probably upset her. I should learn to never point out to others there cleanliness. After all I have to admit, I am not the most organized, myself. I killed the cat!!!

    The fact is that I am the most brutally honest person you will me. I am the person that will correct the time and temperature if someone tells me the incorrect information. My brutal honesty is BRUTAL. Its also innocent beyond belief. I never try to hurt anyone nor do I realize I may be hurting someone until after the fact. As soon as I said the comment I realized that I totally killed that cat. Obviously my1cent loves me and will forgive me, but its best to practice good manners as I grow with people who do care and love me.

       Once when I was in elementary school, a guidance counselor read a book to me. It wasn't about keeping stuff from people, but more about white lies. One particular experience I remember reading in the book was about homework. The example showed that you don't need to tell the teacher about someone not doing there homework fi they were sneaking by. You don't always need to be brutally honest. Now lets be honest, I should have learned from that lesson, but you don't always just learn a skill. Skills can take practice. I just might need a little more practice than others.

 Lets admit I killed the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...