Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aspergers isn't a choice, but dealing with it is

     Aspergers is a condition that you are physically born with. Its not a condition you get from doing anything such as eating the wrong thing or making stupid choices. its also not something that the mother can control like a mother drinking while pregnant. Aspergers is a social disorder that impairs ones ability to make friends and is of an unknown origin.
     There are some days that I just want to say that I hate Aspergers and that I wish I was born differently and without struggles. I then always have to remind myself that there are others out there that are struggling with more than I am struggling with. Everyone has there own struggles, they may just be different. When I used to verbally tell people that I had asperger syndrome, they would tell me that god made me the way he wanted me. He knew that I was the only one that would be able to handle my very own situation that I am dealt with. I do believe this is very true and this is also something to live by.
        Another thing that I have to focus on is the fact that I can mope and throw myself a pity party or I can go on with life and do stuff with it. In some ways having aspergers means I have even more potential than the average human being because I have a specific interest. Often times these interests can lead to a strong career path that one has a passion for. The only restriction to the plus side is that I have less in common with other individuals. Having restricted interests means that I like fewer things so I have to be more particular about common interests than the general public.
         I guess I am rambling on a bit, but I always struggle with having asperger syndrome, yet I know its not a disability, but it is a disABILITY or a gift. I need to live my life the way that makes me happy. I need to live with passion instead of sadness. I need to LIVE my life not just deal with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...