Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I am scared to death of my neighborhood...

   The past week of sleep has been very interesting. I sleep on the top floor of a huge house that is placed on a huge hill. The huge hill we have, has many kids and a lot of wind. I also have central air and I have had central air since I can remember. I have definitely always had it in this house, but I am not sure about my other house.

   Last week, as many of you know, I was at the apartment. I slept on a bed that felt like I was sleeping on springs. The only comfort item I had was my feather pillow and the pajamas i was sleeping in. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you this apartment complex is filled with crazy college students. I got very little sleep when I was there and I thought that I would get more sleep when I came home. Wrong!!! I got absolutely no sleep when I came home because we had no air conditioning. The solution??? Open the windows, which for me is a huge milestone.

   I hate opening the windows because the slightest sound as a bug, a lawnmower or a gust of wind can cause me to have anxiety and to stay awake for a much longer time period. It was not until this event that I was able to overcome my anxiety/sensory issues that involve sounds in my neighborhood. No let me tell you, the wind in my neighborhood is terrible. There are days where I post on facebook about how bad the wind is.

   I really hate that the world is looking like it coming to an end lol. We have an earthquake, a thunderstorm and a freak'n hurricane all in the same darn week and I am not supposed to be anxious. It really doesn't help that I have those darn windows open so I don't suffocate from the heat.

   On top of the wind, there were also teenage boys roaming my neighborhood taking about different houses. Yes I could hear what they were saying from up in my room. I know call me crazy. I felt like they were going to commit a crime such as egging a house or breaking in. I hate hearing people in my neighborhood late at night. Everyone should be able to sleep and sleep peacefully. After all I do live in a very safe neighborhood. I have about four, no maybe it is down to tow police officers that actually live in my neighborhood.

   Overall I hate night time with the windows open and I am very glad our central air is working again. Now I don't have to listen to weird bugs and boys who decide to become idiots/ninjas at dusk. I think this is a major milestone that I have reached. I can actually just barely having the the windows open all night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...