Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Monday, August 1, 2011

Growing weeds and blossoming flowers

Have  you ever heard the phrase children grow like weeds? Well children grow like weeds and aspies blossom like flowers
    This summer I have grown a lot. During the school year there is a lot of stress and a lot of stuff to manage. During the summer you have more time to actually work on growing. As I have grown up, I have obviously had trouble with my social skills. During this time I have discovered that my social/emotional skills have growth spurts just like your body does or a weed does. Instead of growing though you are blossoming with social skills, personality and friendships. 
      When i was younger or should I say last school year I was still having temper tantrums like a two year old. Since the school year has ended, I have not had one meltdown. This is a record for me and I hope it continues. When I say to myself that I haven't had a temper tantrum for a while, I normally end up having one the next day. Not this summer though. That is one example of me blossoming. 
        Often times we are constantly trying to work on my interrupting. For those of you that know me, my interrupting is awful no matter how hard I try. From this experience I have also learned that we can't always get what we ask for even if it doesn't involve money. Somethings that we want involve decisions made by God. We always ask for no interrupting, but this summer God wanted to give me a better relationship with my mom and no melt downs. I know all teenagers have struggles with there mothers, but I am proud to say that I think those days are over. Maybe the next thing that god will give me is the ability to learn how to not interrupt. As of right now I have skills he has given and skills he has let me  learn. There are some skills I work on day in and day out that I just don't get. In time I will blossom into a full blown garden of flowers. It just takes time and maybe this is just how god made me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...