Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Die Cutter, Earthquakes and Psychology

   Today was a huge day for me. I had my first classes, had some job experience at the die cutter and there was even an earthquake. Lets just say we have had a couple pretty interesting days because we also had that thunderstorm the other day too.

    Today I was taken in to school by my dad which was great because I had some alone time with him after being gone for a week. I was dropped off at my school building and headed to class. I got busy right away by recruiting students to become mentors. I did that yesterday, but there is not a lazy minute in the day where I go to school. After we did some recruiting, I had my transition class which is where we learn how to work around problems basically. I had maybe a five or ten minute break before I had to go to class.

     I don't have any mentors yet so one of the para's took me to classes today. I had intro to psych and infant and child development which are both psychology courses. I loved them both. I had absolutely no time in between classes to do anything, so I had to grab a snack because I would also be missing lunch break. I went to my infant and child dev class and we even got into the curriculum today. It was very interesting.

    After I was done with my classes today, I had lunch and by that time it was already one o'clock. I didn't even have to time eat lunch before I was whisked away to the die cut shop which I really enjoyed. I basically used stencils to cut out different things for teachers in my school district. I really liked it because it was very structured and you just did the same thing over and over again. My teacher said I might be able to do that again sometime. I really hope I do get to do that again.

   When we were at the die cut place, our cell phones went out of service and then we were told that people were evacuated from a building on campus. That was a little weird. The reason they were evacuated was because there was some shaking of the building. Can you guess what it was from??? It was from an earthquake. In my whole life, I have never been in an earthquake, but I did feel some tremors and bounces for maybe ten to twenty seconds. I thought it was just the old building doing what old buildings do, but no and I am not crazy either. For the next forty-eight ours we will be under a earthquake watch, or so I hear. We could have aftershocks over the next couple of hours.

   Overall today was an interesting day with a lot of firsts and a lot of great experiences. I was really nervous about starting college, but now I really enjoy. Every day when I come home I can't wait for the next day to come. I really didn't expect to be writing about earthquakes today, but it is part of my life and part of gods journey and life for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...