Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I feel old

   I am really starting to feel old especially since this school year has started. There are several things that make me feel old including the fact that my brother is now a sophmore in high school, two weeks from now is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and that I am in college, just to name a few.
 
    I have always been fascinated with watching shows on tlc which can also be a good thing because tlc is educational. I was just looking at the schedule and there are tons of shows coming up about 9/11. The reason? It is going to be the 10th anniversary of the crash!!! Yes, it has been ten years which makes me feel really old because I was also in elementary at the time of the crash. It was a tuesday morning when I was in Mrs. Whittaker's third grade class. That night I came home and my parents would not let me watch the news with them, not that I wanted to though.

   This year is going to be a very sad year for those that have suffered through such a tragic event. This will be 10 years from the time when there have been people that have lost there lives and 10 years from when there have been people who have lost there family members. The really sad example I saw one time that really put a light bulb in my head was an image of a parking lot. It was just a parking lot, but there were cars in it too. It was a parking lot where there were cars left by people who took the subway into work. The statement that went with it was that earlier in the day was the last time owners would ever see there cars. Cars are such a simple thing and that made an impact. I can't imagine losing the people you have lost.

   Another thing that makes me feel old is that I'm in college. I just started my college experience last week and we are already in full swing. I love it!!! The high school started their classes today. I still ride the school bus. The weirdest part is that actual people made me feel old. I got asked several times today about why I was there because I was a senior last year. People were very confused as to why I was at the high school. Surprise!!! I haven't technically graduated yet and I still have half a credit of english to master before I can do so.

   Lastly, my little baby brother is a huge sophmore in high school and he is also towering over me in height. I can't believe that he is in high school. I remember the day he was born and how I wanted to help my mom do everything to take care of him. Oh the days. :(

  So the conclusion to this post is that yes, I am old, but I am still growing and learning and maturing and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...