Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Monday, August 29, 2011

structure and college

   I really need structure to be stable and to function in the world because I have aspergers. At least that is what we thought before I started college. I have not only survived so far, but I have started to thrive in the college setting. College is one of the best decisions I think I have made so far and I am loving it.

   When I decided I was going to be a part of this program we were told that there was very little structure. I became a little nervous, but I thought I could work through it and so far I have done so. My mom was just telling me that right now I am thriving in an environment that has very little structure. I agree. We never know what the next day holds or what each class holds in store for us, but I love it. I am also treated like a real college student.

   On another note, I only have one mentor so far which is okay, but I can't wait to find one for intro to psych. I met my coping with college mentor today and she is very nice. I think it will be a very good fit for me. Over the next week we will be spending some one on one time with each other while getting to know one another. She will be coming to my classroom to meet with me until I start my class. Today she went on a walk with me.

   College is amazing and i can't wait to share more stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...