Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Witnessing a bully and a victim

   Through the years, I have been picked on and bullied for my differences. Lets face it, kids these days are picked on for the clothes they wear. I will never forget the year I was in fifth grade. Our teachers told us to make friends now because we wouldn't once we got to middle school. I tried hanging out with the cool kids which ended up being a really bad experience. When I got to middle school, I made tons of friends, but I had to leave because the learning environment wasn't right for me and I wasn't diagnosed with autism yet.

   Today, for the first time I was a witness to a  little seven year old boy who was being bullied. It was awful and I felt helpless. When I was bullied, I was in the moment and I didn't realize how bad it was until afterward, or maybe that is just how I feel now, but today when this little boy was being bullied, I wanted to do something. I didn't know what to do.

   I could help the victim and risk being hurt myself, or I could let the little boy struggle. I could also be nice to the victim, but he's little and would probably be scared since he doesn't know me. He has a sister, but she doesn't seem to help him at all. I find it worse to feel helpless when someone is being bullied than to be bullied myself. I feel that I need to take action, but I don't know how.

   I am great at public speaking, but I am just a kid. I don't know where to start. I wish I could have the talent that Temple Grandin has. I wish I could be someone famous who made a difference, maybe like mother teresa. I know, I'm being jealous, but can you blame me? I am helping others too. I have always wanted to speak about my aspergers, so maybe I should start there, but there has to be more done. Those silly status' on facebook do nothing. When people see those they just think another post scam. I even do,  even though I have been bullied. Its really the parents or those that post anything and everything while not even paying attention to what they are posting.

Just something to think about

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...