Dickinson Mental Health Charity Ball

Friday, October 21, 2011

Your a bit too touchy

   This week, my mom had a new employee start at her business. This individual just so happens to be someone that I have known for a quite a while so I really like her and am glad to have her added to our family, but I must say that I have probably driven her nuts this week. I am way too touchy, not as in particular about stuff, but just tactile.

   Today, I came down to the office to offer her a piece of cake. I first had to give her a hug because I love tactile input. From previous experience, she knows that she will likely get a hug from me when she sees me. After I came down she started trying to show me something cool on her desk. I must have not only noticed about five things first, but touched them first. I didn't notice until afterward that I had to touch everything. It ended up being a plastic decorative mat sitting on her desk, but I had to touch all sorts of cool things first.

   This is a short blog, but I feel this is an important subject concerning sensory issues. Not only do I not realize the social mistakes I make until afterwards, but I do the same with sensory issues too. I didn't realize how many things I had to touch on her desk until afterward, but it was natural to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Can and No One Will Stop Me!

       I got off of the bus one afternoon during my middle school years to see an elaborately decorated yellow car sitting in my driveway. I...